Friday 3 August 2012

10 weeks 5 days update

Just a little update. Morning Sickness is the worst it has been to date and i can't even venture into my kitchen, bathroom, toilet, cleaning products etc without heaving. In fact it seems that even the smell of my children's heads are sparking a nauseated response despite them having baths or showers every day. UGh. And nothing, no food seems to be working anymore. So i really shouldn't have spoken too soon and said the m/s is better should I !? Dizziness is back too which is a lovely touch. (sense my sarcasm...)

On the hospital front, we had confirmation this week that our chosen hospital has had a surrogate birth before, and has something in place that seems to be fair to all parties and my community midwife who did our initial booking in appointment, who I have known and loved since my DDs birth 5 years ago and who's daughter used to babysit my children when working weekends, clarified this all with the Head of Midwifery there, who is her boss. And as you would have it,  the Head of Midwifery is also a close social friend of my IPs. Hard to keep up isn't it! Sorry!

Anyway the H.O.M has given us her personal backing should we need anything, and we are constructing a letter for her and the Obs team to sign to say that they are aware that this is a Surrogate pregnancy, I am not the mother, the child can be in C and V's care immediately and we can all be treated fairly. There isn't a social worker at this hospital and by all accounts the last birth didn't involve one so this shouldn't either which is a huge relief. And of course it helps that C is on the OBs team at that hospital so everything is smooth sailing and I can't help feel that we are getting some sort of special treatment too.  But we all know we shouldn't speak too soon!

 I was worried that his colleagues and friends would know our business or C and Vs business and that it would all be too close to home but I don't have anything to hide, and so it is seemingly like a blessing at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment