Monday 30 July 2012

10 Weeks!

I can't believe that we have made it to 10 weeks relatively easily! I missed out 9 weeks blog post as I took the children camping for a few days (which was lovely but exhausting). My M/c was at 8 weeks 6 days so to reach 10 weeks is important psychologically, although I am not resting yet!

Feeling really good in all areas really, I am enjoying having the children at home so we can have lay ins and more relaxed days, although the mess seems to come from no where! Morning sickness is 90% better, with only a little nausea left in the evening, if I am hungry. I still have food aversions though and spend a lot of time sitting and planning what I fancy to eat. Somethings, literally turn my stomach at the thought and yet the next day, it's the only thing I really want. And baby is selective about what brands too on certain foods!

Tiredness is still a huge issue, although I feel like I am just more used to it, or enjoying the summer break as I am not so miserable from it as i was. Don't get me wrong though, I just cry at the slightest of things still!

Our 12 week scan isn't too far away now. IF can't make it as he is on a charity medical mission in Madagascar but IM is going to be there and its our youngest daughters birthday so my OH will be there too.

Last week we went to their house for what is fast beginning to be our weekly dinner and we visited one of their best friends. She has Motor Neuron Disease and has only a few months to live. When they asked me a month ago to visit her, who we will call S, we weren't sure and I became a little resentful i would be put in this position. It was going to be very strange situation for anyone to be in, indeed.
 But she was the only person that knew about the adoption versus surrogacy, the dilemma they were in and all about me and our journey. When we got the BFP, they told her immediately and they said she was so excited to meet me so we agreed. And wow is all I can say, we were totally humbled by her and her family. We were welcomed into her home by her teenage children, her husband bought us drinks and even her carer who was feeding her her dinner, was friendly. And they all knew about the baby and were all so excited and happy for C and N. And S has such a strong, funny spirit, she was asking lots of questions and even asked how big C's sample was and what size syringe we used! To see her having fun with her friends, whilst trying to breath on a ventilator was awe inspiring to say the least. Although I was going very red in the process and had to fan my myself once or twice!
 So we have told her she needs to live until February to actually get a cuddle with baby but i think we all know deep down it isn't possible. But if she can just live to see the next scan pictures, that would be fantastic!

So that is the update so far. I am aware that my blog posts aren't as exciting or well written as they could be- I honestly think this child is helping himself to my brain cells and before long, I will be monosyllabic, but whatever he needs!....

No comments:

Post a Comment