Friday 12 October 2012

20 week scan!

Our scan was yesterday and it was in all, such a wonderful day. I got to spend time with my IF as he took me out for coffee and catch up and then my IM met us for our scan.
 Baby was measuring on the 50th percentile line so exactly where it should be, all the anotomy is where it should be and is formed correctly. The sonogrpaher was the same lady as last time, despite it being in a different hospital and she was just as lovely, excited and pro surrogacy as last time. In fact she kept us there a lot longer, (despite her colleague becoming increasingly suspicious!) and we were given so many photos of the ultrasound after, with no charge. Meanwhile, my IP's were smiling, and laughing, and crying and squeezing my hand and we found out the gender.
Now bearing in mind that with no exaggeration  there ALL BOYS on the IF's side for 3 or 4 generations, and the way I had been feeling throughout this pregnancy, I assumed it was a boy. My IM had no real preference  only for a healthy baby of course, but deep down she has imagined a pretty girl for the 12 years she had been trying.........And now she has one!! I was so shocked and i still can't believe it, I have been calling him a him since our BFP :-). It seems that i make far more girls than boys!







 My IM and I, waiting in the waiting room! (Excuse my awful pregnancy skin!)
 My IPs and I, after our scan. We asked the sonographer to take a picture! I don't think they could smile anymore!
 These are the feet that kick me so hard, I can see it from the outside.

Baby girl :-)



1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! You look great! And, I don't think your IM could be any happier. So glad things are going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete