Monday 9 July 2012

7 weeks

Yep, another week down and it has flown by thankfully. I hate the early stage of pregnancy as it seems that 40 weeks will go on forever, not to mention it is the worst time for me physically. And this time has been no different. In fact, I think i have felt worse this time than any other before so far.
 The sickness is all day and getting stronger, although i do have the odd day where i seem to eat right or something, and it isn't as bad as it could be. And then i have had an upset stomach for the last 4 days, not being able to eat a thing without my stomach rebelling. And i have been feeling faint and dizzy everytime I stand up, slightly short of breath too and I can't move my head too fast. And the tiredness, i can't explain it, but I am sure most people reading this will understand. its physically debilitating when looking after 4 children. Like I have always said, there isn't anything worse than not being able to do your everyday basic mummy duties, when it isn't for yourself- it is for someone else and something that you have to expect and accept when a surrogate.

Getting the balance right, of juggling family and your surrogate duties, being careful not to care too much, but caring enough to be trusted to carry someone elses child and doing the right thing for him or her and your IPs. Trying to keep life ticking over normally for everyone and making sure that my family aren't going without too. I am more than capable of doing this all, trust me, but it is hard sometimes, when feeling so down right crappy. But i am hoping that it will end by the time I am 12 weeks and really, that isn't too far away. Fingers crossed that it does.


I have developed a craving for anything salty or savory, with Marmite and gravy as being my favourites. My IF said my body is making extra blood (hence why I am so dizzy) so my body is craving this deliberately. Clever really! The only thing is that i do love it on bread or toast and i really have to be careful how much carbs I am eating. My stomach is still really bloated (picture to come at 8 weeks) but the scale isn't looking too bad.

So that is it. We have the scan on Sunday at 7 weeks and 6 days, so pictures will follow. I am scared of there not being anything there anymore, or something wrong. Just need to see a happy healthy bean and heart beat and i will be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment