Tuesday 19 June 2012

May be a long one...

Ok, so after all of the faint positives on various tests, i have tested every day. And the lines have been darker over time so i thought I may have to crack open a Digi, with a conception indicator of course! And it didn't take long to show that there is no denying that I am most definitely pregnant with a surrobaby! I am also very happy that the levels of hormones are high enough to record 2-3 weeks when I am only 13 dpo according to my interpretation, 12 dpo according to Fertility Friend. So that is amazing.

Just to go back a little bit and to re cap on what was a horrible cycle. It was only 4 weeks ago that we decided to get Agreements started and i hadn't even started to chart since last year. I was still dieting and worrying that my cycles were affected.
 Then we rushed around trying to get things signed off, supplies in, insurance sorted leaving i think 2 days spare, before IPs were to go away for a weeks holiday, and my cervical mucous was sparse to say the least. Then we managed to get two insems done but Ovulation was nowhere in sight. For what seemed like ages. Yes, yes, I panicked all too soon. I should have calmed down, seen what lay in store, but when you have presented yourself to your IPs as the answer to 10 years of upset and down right hell, persuading them to leave the Adoption route, it is easy to stress!! Which i don't think helped either. So only about a week ago, did we know there was a 2WW to even be in! (Which really was a godsend if I am honest. Because it was so much quicker and easier than other 2WWs!)

So once i knew I had infact ovulated, it was purely and honestly a case of how long my Luteal phase was and trying to make sure it was a good length for next cycle. Because i knew Insems happened 3-4 days, maybe 5 days before Ovulation! That to me said that it would be a negative cycle.

It was only when we were driving to the supermarket, that i got an email from my lovely Surrogate friend which asked if i had been tempted to test yet, that i thought maybe i would get some supermarket cheap strips and have some fun. And the fun did begin and is still continuing! 8 tests later and we are still here, smiling!

My Ips have been as shocked as me, and we all just sometimes sit in silence with these vacant stares and smiles on our faces, not quite sure how we were so lucky, first time. (Oh and just in case anyone is wondering, as any surrogate, we had an abstinence clause in our contract, and my husbands tubes have been cut, tied and burnt!)

So we are now 4weeks and 2 days today. I thought i would start a vlog of my journey, but our webcam isn't working too well so i have started pictures. This first one is taken 4weeks exactly, and looking already bloated with fluid retention.






I have been eating really well, with lots of Egg whites, chicken, ham, raw vegetables, fruit and soups so i know it isn't fat gain. Just hormonal bloating. Oh and I have been having terrible mood swings the last 4 days, I am so irritable, cranky and so very extremely tired I can't keep my eyes open past 2pm! I keep feeling like I have been drugged and making my family laugh as I slur my words some evenings and my eyes are like slits! Not attractive at all!

 But i am loving every single part of this this time. There isn't any hesitation, worry or stress like last time. My IPs both keep texting to check up on me, and have told some friends of theirs already and I am meeting them soon! So no secrecy, lies and everyone is open and honest.

Next appointment will be me at the Doctors some time next week, and an early scan around 7 or 8 weeks, depending on availability. You would think that IFs job would open certain doors to us at the local hospital, but  i'm afraid not!

I just wanted to give a huge hello to my wonderful friend JJ who is going for her 12 weeks scan this week over here: http://jj-tummymummy.blogspot.co.uk/, and another surrogate friend who has been trying as long as i have to achieve her dream of being a surrogate,  with a miscarriage, negative cycles and 3 matches and she has just got her BFP this week too, so congratulations L! Lots of good news everywhere!

Well done if you got this far!

1 comment:

  1. I am super happy for you!! Congrats to you and your IPs. :)

    ReplyDelete