Thursday 5 April 2012

So, the meal was fantastic. It was just good fun, and relaxed and I came away loving c and v even more. But they are still moving forward with the adoption, waiting for a child to be suggested to them any day now. We did talk and have talked since about us working with each other after. Timing wise it will be another 3-6 months before we can start contracts and ttc but they would love that.

I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Happy for them. A bit regretful that we didn't sort things out 18 months ago, grateful we call each other friends,happy for them but a bit disappointed too.

I have told them I'm not in a rush to join the other organization just yet but I am not sure there is any point in delaying it for them. Because even if we did move forward, it may leave them vulnerable to social services- they make no bones about IPs not doing surrogacy after deciding to adopt and combining the two- not sure what they could or would do but I don't want to complicate things even further. I never wanted to work with a couple with existing children either. I, like many surrogates want to make a family, not finish one. Especially if it makes things tricky for c and v.

So, only 9lbs till goal weight with very little on the horizon. I have a few Facebook friends looking for surrogates but none that grab me like c and v. I placed one ad today just to see who is out there but don't want to start trawlling through ads or forums yet.
So we have left it that we are back to cheering them on through the adoption, meeting as friends and seeing how the land lays in a months time for us all. Someone may fall into my lap, or they may have a devolopment that enables this match. who knows!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment